Goal II: Promote Efficient and Organized Public Hospital System
Delivery Models Enabling Easy Access to
Well-Coordinated Care for the Most Patients Possible
• 65 public clinics report “cycle time” (total patient visit) of 50 minutes or less.
• Tangible communication and efficiency improvements result in reduced specialty care wait times.
• Over 80 doctors, nurses and administrators trained in Lean or other performance improvement approaches.
• Benchmarks defined for public hospitalbased coordinated systems of care, including criteria for a patient-centered medical home, and gap analysis conducted.
• Critical components of public hospitalbased coordinated delivery systems, including patient-centered medical home, put in place.
• E-Prescribing in place in four public hospital systems, demonstrating patient safety and efficiency gains.
See full document of SNI goals, objectives, and strategies here.